This is really the first project I've had to frog due to size issues - the Fibonacci Windy City Scarf was more an aesthetic issue. The cable section was the same on both gloves (I just decreased at the stockinette portion for the second glove). I used some of the nice contrasting brick Cherry Tree Hill and a tapestry needle to pick up the first stockinette row. Then I had to search and search for the woven in end, dig it out and start frogging. I didn't think I could recover much from the thumb, so I hacked away at the top with the thread cutter (which really inspired the Kali up top - thread bits flying everywhere); even so the thumb was difficult to remove. I tinked back the last row of stockinette, to get the decreases in the first row, and I was good to go. There was enough extra yarn from frogging and reknitting to put on both thumbs, with plenty left over.